Training & Lessons
At CanterWorks Dressage, LLC, we focus on developing horses using the principles of classical dressage. We feel it is important to train the horses in a way that strengthens them both mentally and physically. Not only should the horse learn to trust the rider, but he should also feel confident in his work so that he wants to perform for his rider. For this reason, Katie creates a diverse work program that includes dressage exercises in the arena, gymnastic work with cavalettis, and hacking.
Lessons are focused on teaching riders how to be fair and compassionate trainers for their own horses. An emphasis is put on learning correct equitation so that riders can develop subtle and effective aids. Riders are taught not only how to ride but also riding theory. Our goal is to help students learn how to ride with feel and purpose.
CanterWorks Dressage, LLC offers a variety of lesson packages and services to meet your needs. Please contact Katie for additional information and pricing.
- 45 Minute Private Lesson
- Monthly Partial Training Package
- Monthly Full Training Package
- There are no lesson horses available at this time
- Show Coaching
- Assist in Sales
2020 Clinic and Show Schedule
- January 31st – February 2nd Welcome Back to White Fences in Loxahatchee, FL
- March 13th-15th Welcome Back to White Fences in Loxahatchee, FL
- July 10th-12th Dressage at Waterloo in Grass Lake, MI
- August 18th-23rd Dressage at Lamplight in Wayne, IL
- September 17th-20th Region 2 Championships at Lamplight in Wayne, IL
- November 21st-22nd Host Clinic with Jeremy Steinberg
Check back often for dates and locations of scheduled clinics and shows. Contact Katie if you are interested in organizing a clinic.
Katie spends the winter months training and showing in Wellington, Florida. Contact Katie if you are interested in training or lessons in Florida.